Tuesday, October 26, 2010

out-of-control noise got you down? add some in-control noise!

Are unfriendly sounds stressing you out? Here are some links that can help for free!.

I love peace. I love quiet. My family makes noise. It's unnerving. It breaks my focus. It slows my work to a crawl. My work needs focus.

Now I have Forest Mood and Rainy Mood. They're free-to-use white-noise streams. They give me control over what I hear, so my family's noise won't stress me out.

When I get tired of listening to those, I don't switch them off. I head over to Grooveshark and add my favorite songs to the mix. Only English-free songs, to prevent distraction.

Of course, there's always Pandora if I'm feeling adventurous. I prefer to stick with a set playlist while I'm working, though.

Am I missing out on a great strategy for dealing with noisy cohabitants? Please leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment