Saturday, October 30, 2010

how about that novel you've been working on?

Coming this November: Let the creative juice flow with some wild authorial action!

Have a great idea for a book? How about a bad one? Well, would you at least like to have one?

If you want to develop the writing habit, have I got the jump-start for you! Come join the National Novel-Writing Month this November. The goal is to write fifty-thousand (50 000 (50k)) words of fiction in thirty days. Nobody cares if you churn out a steaming pile by the end of the month. As long as it's 50k or more, you win! Quantity over quality, just write, write, write!

I've had one hell of a plot in mind for several years, but without any benchmarks, I was turning out a piddling page count each year. And thanks to my own hyper-criticism, I ended up trashing every bit of it. Since NaNoWriMo has given me a goal and pushed criticism from my mind, it's the perfect tool to focus me on my fiction-writing habit.

May the prose be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment